Cincinnati, Inc. was founded in 1890 in downtown Cincinnati, originally named The Cincinnati Shaper Co.
Cincinnati, Inc. has been a leader in metal fabrication technology ever since its establishment.
The company was founded in 1890 in downtown Cincinnati, originally The Cincinnati Shaper Company. They worked in popular industries at the time: railroading and metal machining. In the early 1950s, the company bought farmland outside of Cincinnati to build a new facility, and by 1953 they had shipped their first machine from the new location. The company changed their name to Cincinnati, Inc. in 1969, and today they continue to be privately held.